We honestly can’t being to express how immensely grateful we are for each and every one of you who have decided to invest so much of your time and money to stand next to us as witnesses to our love on our big day! It means the world to have so much support and love from all of you.
Below you will find all the extra little details about the Kauai trip & wedding that you need to know! As always, feel free to text/call us with any questions you have before the trip!
The wedding ceremony will be at 9 a.m. on Monday, October 25, 2021 at “Secret Beach“ (also called Kauapea Beach) on the North Shore of Kauai in Princeville.
You’ll probably want to arrive around 8:30 a.m. to find roadside parking and have time to hike down the very short trail to the beach.
Dress Code: Wear whatever you’re comfortable in! Our photographer will be taking some photos after the ceremony, so just make sure it’s an outfit you’d like to be photographed in. The trail down to the beach is fairly steep and can get muddy if it’s been raining, so the most important part of the “dress code” is to wear a good pair of comfortable shoes you can walk in. I would not recommend really nice dress shoes or heels. When you get down to the beach, you can just take them off and go barefoot if you’d like.
Note: The brunch reception location has been changed from what was previously on the formal mailed invitation due to Covid restrictions. So sorry!
After the ceremony and photos, we will all head over to the Princeville Makai Golf Club for a casual brunch get-together around 10:30-11 a.m.
The address for the brunch reception is:
Princeville Makai Golf Club
4080 Lei O Papa Rd
Princeville, HI 96722
The reception location is about a 20 minute drive from the ceremony location. I know that most of us are lodging within just a couple miles of each other, so carpooling to and from the ceremony might be a great idea to make things easier!
Jordan and I will be heading out for an afternoon/evening adventure just us two around 1:45, so after that, you have the rest of Monday to explore and do whatever you’d like! 🙂
We have reserved a room at Hukilau Lanai Restaurant for all of us to have dinner together at 6 p.m. on Sunday evening, the night before the wedding!
Located on the East side of the Island, the address is:
Hukilau Lanai Restaurant
520 Aleka Loop
The Restaurant is about a 45 minute drive from Princeville, just so you can plan accordingly. The restaurant is only about 20 minutes from both Wailua Falls and the Keahua Arboretum, so we may try to check out one of those before dinner (if there’s enough time). Anyone is welcome to join us!
Additional Trip Itinerary Activities
Jordan and I have some additional activities planned for the few days before and after the wedding, so we thought it would be fun to share our Itinerary here and invite all of you to join in on any of these activities that sound fun to you! We would absolutely love to have all of you join us, but we also understand if you’d rather do something else!
We know all of you are traveling a very long way and spending a lot of money, so we want you to explore the Island and make this trip your vacation. Please spend your days on Kauai however you’d like!
Our Plan (flexible and dependent on weather, of course!):
Friday, October 22nd:
- Early morning hike: Kuilau Ridge Trail
- 4.5 miles round trip
- East side of the Island
- Afternoon: Snorkeling ($5-$6 for gear) & Swimming (Possibilities below…)
- Check out Jojo’s Shave Ice for an afternoon or evening treat! (Jordan’s namesake…we have to!)
Saturday, October 23rd:
- Possible Cliff Jumping at Shipwreck Beach on south of island (For those interested)
- For this to be a safe cliff diving area, you can only jump at high tide, which will be early morning that day.
- Visit the Kauai Coffee Plantation in the morning (opens at 10 a.m.)
- Free Self-Guided Tours and Coffee Tastings!
- Located on the Southwest side of the island very close to Port Allen (where we set sail for sunset/dinner below)
- Visit Glass Beach
- Also really close to Port Allen and Kauai Coffee
- Beach made entirely of sea glass!
- Na Pali Coast Sunset Dinner Sail 2:30-6:30 p.m.
- $205 per person + tax
- If you want to join us for this, book sooner rather than later! Spots are filling up really quickly! To book, go HERE, scroll down, choose date and time, and reserve. Put “Northup Party” in the group name when booking so that we’re guaranteed to all be on the same boat.
Sunday, October 24th:
- Some of the men are golfing on Sunday morning at Princeville Makai Golf Club.
- Tee time is 8:30 a.m.
- All men are invited, and Jordan has already contacted all of you to find out if you’d like to join.
- $250 per person + club rental + tax
- The rest of us can get together to do something fun! (Possibilities below)
- Possible quick trip to visit Wailua Falls and/or Keahua Arboretum to see Rainbow Eucalyptus Trees in the afternoon prior to dinner.
- Dinner at Hukilau Lanai Restaurant, 6 p.m.
Monday, October 25th:
- Wedding Day! Ceremony 9 a.m.
- Brunch Reception following ceremony.
- Jordan & Meagan leave at 1:45 p.m.
- The rest of the day is open to do whatever you’d like. (You might like to check out the free public Hula Show at 5 p.m. at the Poipu Shopping Village or the Smith’s Garden Luau at 5 p.m. in Wailua.)
Tuesday, October 26th:
- Visit Waimea Canyon
- Hike Sleeping Giant Trail (4 miles roundtrip) or Waimea Canyon Trail (3.4 miles roundtrip)
- Possible fill-in from activities we ran out of time for and/or couldn’t do because of weather
Wednesday, October 27th:
- Jordan and Meagan head out early morning for Na Pali Coast backpacking trip.
Please feel free to join us for any or all of these activities! We’d absolutely love that! If you need any help or have any questions, reach out!
Other Recommended Kauai Experiences
Although Kauai is a small island, there is definitely TONS to do! We had to pick and choose what we wanted to do while on the trip, but there are SO many other great experiences and activities to enjoy! We wanted to make a list of some of those ideas for all of you, just in case you’re interested:
- Ziplining: Koloa Zipline Tour or Kauai Zipline Adventures
- Garden Island Farm or Lydgate Farms Chocolate Tours & Tasting
- Take a helicopter tour of Kauai
- Wailua River Kayak Adventures
- Princeville Botanical Gardens
- Shop and eat at Warehouse3540
- Visit a Kauai Farmer’s Market
- Horseback Riding at Princeville Ranch
- Hike a trail: Kauai is known for its hiking and is home to one of the top hikes in the world (Na Pali Coast). From jungles and waterfalls to views, canyons, and coastlines…there are dozens and dozens of hikes on Kauai! We picked out a few of our faves in the Itinerary, but there are TONS more!
Additional Travel Information
We know pretty much everyone already has plane tickets and lodging, but here are some other travel details that might be helpful…
Covid: There are specific requirements to enter Hawaii right now because of Covid. Everyone will need either a negative test prior to departure or proof of vaccination. Go HERE for the most up-to-date official information and detailed instructions on what you’ll need to do beforehand. (I uploaded a video HERE that is helpful, too.) Also, there have recently been some surges on the islands, including Kauai. There will be some restrictions in place while we are there, but we’re doing our best to navigate them and make the most of it! Everyone will need to have their vaccination card, ID, and face mask with them at all times.
Rental Cars: I know most of you have already secured a rental car. For those who haven’t, there have been some issues with rental car shortages. As of now, I know that Avis still has some rental cars available! Kauai does have Lyft and Uber services, though they are known to not very reliable other than from the airport. A lot of us have rental cars and if it came down to the worst case scenario, I’m sure we could find ways to carpool.
Food: Princeville has a grocery store called Foodland that is supposed to be pretty big. There’s also a Big Save grocery store in Hanalei about 10-15 minutes away. We will also provide some local restaurant information when you arrive to the island.
Our Engagement Story
This section is just for fun! If you’re interested in our engagement story, you can read all about it here! 😉